Road to Responsibility
Every day our goal is to operate responsibly with as little impact to our environment as possible. The health and safety of our employees, suppliers, contractors as well as the surrounding communities is something we take very seriously. The road we take ensures that we do not compromise on our principles and that we leave the land we operate in as we found it.
Health and Safety
Vantage Point fulfills this obligation through our corporate directives that require us to be compliant with all government regulations and company programs. Our programs applies to all of Vantage Point’s production and development operations whereby we demand our employees, contractors and suppliers to:
1. Provide and maintain a safe work environment following proper procedures, standards, training, and emergency response procedures in accordance to all government regulations and industry practices;
2. Follow operational procedures and asset integrity programs that are designed to prevent or minimize any release, spill and emissions.
3. Undertake mandatory health, safety, security and environmental training;
4. Ensure immediate and effective emergency response along with follow up to all incidents to protect people, environment and property;
5. Investigate and identify any potential issue or cause, hazard or near miss that may have been prevented during operations. Personnel are encouraged to report hazards, incidents and near misses and granted immunity from disciplinary action; and,
6. Establishes health, safety, and security performance targets intended to drive behavior and performance improvement.
SAFETY IS NOT JUST AN IMPORTANT PART OF OUR BUSINESS – IT IS PART OF OUR CORE VALUES.
Vantage Point has an outgoing goal of minimizing our surface land footprint and reducing our impact on the environment. It is the responsibility and obligation of all of our employees and contractors to protect our community.
Vantage Point has set the following priorities and employs these strategies in its daily operations to fulfill our obligation:
1. Reduce our surface impact by utilizing existing right of way for pipeline, access roads and well sites;
2. Minimize, recommend and implement measures that reduces waste and optimizes our energy consumption;
3. Preventing the release of hydrocarbons into the environment by maintaining a high standard of safety and environmental stewardship.
4. Implementing our facility and pipeline integrity program to reduce the risk of releases.
5. Employ technology and equipment to monitor our production base for any concerns including air quality;
6. Reduce our trucking footprint by maximizing pipeline capacity;
7. Conduct regular reviews of the efficiency of our programs to ensure continuous improvement; and,
8. Ensure preparedness with our comprehensive emergency response plan.
Vantage Point is committed to consulting with community stakeholders in advance of project development and making meaningful efforts to reasonably resolve issues and mitigate impacts. Vantage Point will also communicate regularly with communities and landowners and listen to and consider all concerns raised by these stakeholders.
VPR believes in protecting the community where we live and work and commits to working on improving the health and safety of our stakeholders and our environment. Vantage Point seeks to support and sustain the growth of local businesses in our operating areas. VPR is committed its daily operations to ensure that we contribute to our local economy by utilizing community based service vendors that are competitive, technically proficient and meet our high level of safety standards.
ANNUAL CONTRIBUTION TO OUR COMMUNITY
ANNUAL SURFACE RENTALS
LOCAL SERVICE VENDORS
CROWN AND FREEHOLD ROYALTIES